New Jobs
I got a new job that I haven't started yet. A healthcare agency called Therapeutic Alternatives. I'll be mostly driving discharged patients around the greater tri-county areas. I don't know how I feel about that, but we need a good, steady income to really set down roots. They're the first I applied to and the first peer support job I landed here, so it's reassuring to know that I won't find it hard to get a peer job here.
In the meantime, I've started delivering groceries through Instacart, a delivery service. I enjoy that because it's relatively easy money and it's stuff I love to do already - grocery shopping and driving. The pay isn't exceptional because I'm not going at it hardcore for 12 hours a day, but it's a great side gig to bring in more money. I'm thinking I'll do it every Saturday or every Sunday.
Went to the DMV here to surrender my Michigan driver's license and get a North Carolina one. It was quick enough, but the people around me were inpatient. Honestly, everyone working there is doing the best they can.
I've been doing alright lately, knock on wood. We stopped unpacking for a couple days. Mariel and I have been living life here, watching TV, eating food, relaxing. Mariel has also been spending time with my mom, learning what she does so that she can eventually do it. This is a welcome development and I'm happy she's excited about it.
Trevor.
Comments
Post a Comment